Remember how much fun Show and Tell was when you were a kid? What made it so great was people didn’t just talk at you, they showed you something cool and kept you engaged!
Show Them, Don’t Just Tell Them: Let Your Website Drive Business by Using Branded Photography!
I recently wrote an article published in the HuffPost titled 9 Ways Personal Branding Photography Can Massively Grow Your Business. To help you maximize your investment and leverage your assets for maximum value, the next few blogs will go into more detail about each of the 9 ways I listed.
FIRST on the list was Place photographs throughout your website. Having images sprinkled throughout your website keeps people engaged. Attention spans have grown shorter therefore people rarely sit there are read all those words you painstakingly wrote. People want what they came looking for, and they want it FAST! And we know that people process and assess visuals very quickly.
Photographs help tell the story, show them who you are (as a business and/or a person) and illustrate what you are trying to tell them. People are less likely to spend a great deal of time reading your website, but they CAN easily ingest the images you use. Therefore having branded photographs throughout your site is important because it establishes you as an expert and gains more trust from your potential clients. And the photographs illustrate the story of your business, your brand and your unique value proposition. I believe every business can stand out from the competition by being PERSONAL in your approach to marketing.
BASIC PHOTO REQUIREMENTS
Ok, so you know you need photographs. But I’m not talking about using just any photographs. To help you stand out, your photographs should:
- Reflect your brand. Showcase your products and/or services. Showcase you or your team at work. Some industries may even showcase a lifestyle. If YOU are your brand then you definitely want to have personal images of you living your brand!
- Be high quality images. Low quality images are not going to get people’s attention or garner any love!
- Be interesting and engaging. Relevant and interesting photos will keep people on your site longer and invite them to move through your site.
WHAT TYPES OF IMAGES
If you are new to the idea of having personally branded images for your business, there are 3 different TYPES of photographs you’ll want to have to begin building your library. And below I’ll share ways you’ll be able to use these on your website. Over the next few weeks I’ll continue to show you all the numerous ways I mentioned in the article that you’ll be able to LEVERAGE these images and grow your business.
1. The most basic photograph you absolutely can not live without is a HEADSHOT!
At the very LEAST, you want to have your headshot on your website. People are more likely to contact YOU versus a business that has a no headshot on their website because people want to know you are a real person. Some of my clients have shared with me that they had customers contact them instead of one of their competitors BECAUSE they had a photo. Their customers said they felt my client took their business more seriously and that they appreciated being able to see who they were doing business with.
2. Personality Photos
When you personalize your business with photographs, you create trust and establish authority. It also visually tells the story of your business, your brand and your unique value proposition. People do business with PEOPLE, not businesses. (I know, I say it all the time, but that’s because it’s true!) If YOU are your brand then you will definitely want to have personal images of you living your brand!
3. Illustration Images
These are images that showcase your Product or Services, or illustrate what you are trying to communicate. They can show you and/or your team working. You can have images of your office with people working and activating the space. Some industries may want to illustrate a lifestyle that your brand promotes. Images can illustrate your unique value proposition. You can illustrate SO MANY THINGS! This idea of illustrating an idea may stump you a bit more than the other two types, therefore having a good branding photographer is important. They can find many creative ways to illustrate what you want to communicate and help meet your marketing needs.
WHERE ON MY WEBSITE
So when it comes to WHERE to put images throughout your website, I think you should have an image on EVERY page. You may think this is overkill, but start looking at other websites. I rarely see a page with just text, and if I do I cringe and keep moving. It’s a bit overwhelming… Think of a photo as a nice warm invitation for people to linger and stay awhile! You want to SHOW, not just tell!
- HOME PAGE – A photo somewhere on the very first page is a must! Depending on your business, this could be a product or service photo, a personality photo, or maybe even your headshot. It depends on your business and how your website is laid out.
- Place one or more on your ABOUT ME page. Images of you doing the things you love, living the lifestyle your brand represents. Use images that illustrate something relevant about you or brand.
- If you have a page about SERVICES WE OFFER, this is a great place to show them what it looks and feels like to work with you.
- If you sell PRODUCTS, make sure you show your products in different real world environments. Your shop will have your studio shots, in addition you can put styled product shots throughout the site showing them being used by people. Maybe come up with some interesting ways to use the products that fall outside of what the product was created for. Showing people other ways they can make use of the product!
- Put one on the CONTACT US page. This could be your headshot or a photo showcasing you personality and/or you embodying your brand. Your contact page can even show someone (from your team) on the phone or sending an email, you know, one of those illustration images.
All of these suggestions need to be tailored to your type of business, your brand, and your website design. Leave a comment below and tell us where on your website you think you can add an image to create a bigger impact and engage your viewers!
Personal Branding Photography
Investing in high-quality, authentic photography is required if you want your visuals to play a crucial role in delivering the personality of your brand. Much like eating, we shop with our EYES! We make many purchase decisions based on first impressions. And buying is often an emotional decision more than a practical one. Therefore your branding is about influencing the way consumers think about you and your business or product. As a result personal branding photography can have a huge impact your business and your bottom line!
One of the biggest mistake I see are people who under-utilized their photography assets and their investment. Custom photography is an ASSET therefore having a library of image files to pull from can save you time and money over the long-term. That’s why it’s so important to begin thinking about photographs as ASSETS!
How you can maximize your investment in personal branding photography and leverage your assets for massive value
Use them throughout all your marketing strategies!
1. Place them throughout your website. When you personalize your business with photographs you create trust. It also visually tells the story of your business, your brand and your unique value proposition. At the very LEAST, you want to have your headshot on your website. People want to know your are a real person, and are more likely to contact you vs. a business website without a headshot. People do business with PEOPLE, not business. (I know, I say it all the time. But that’s because it’s true!)
2. Use them in posts on your social media platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook business page, Instagram posts, Twitter, etc. Posts that include an image receive 120% – 180% more visibility and engagement.
3. Place them in your newsletters and e-blasts. Showing your clients is more effective than simply telling them.
4. Use them in press releases about an event or new offering you have. A press release is an easy way to get potential media coverage when you have an announcement or an event. It’s free marketing! Why not try it. I’m inviting you to drum up some press with your awesome new branding photography.
5. Refresh your profile pictures every few months so that people see a new image of you. Because this puts you back in the front of their mental database. Just remember to use the same image across all platforms so people can quickly recognize you.)
6. Place them in your sales and landing pages for better conversion rates.
7. Submit an image along with your bio when you have a speaking engagement. Don’t just tell them who you are. Show them. And Speaking engagements are a great way to get in front of new faces and meet new potential clients.
8. Put one in your email signature. Personalize your email and help people remember who you are. You are more likely to remember a face even if you can’t remember their name.
9. Use them to create a rack card, brochure, mailer or other print marketing pieces. You can even put a photo on your business card because it helps people remember you.
How one of my clients has used personal branding photography to grow her business
Over the past few years I’ve been working with Tanya to create custom branded photography.Having amazing images that align with my brand mission has helped me increase my profitability and up level my business.
I use them throughout my marketing, website, and social media. It’s important for my brand to have high quality photographs to remain in alignment with what I do. They continue to help me establish myself as an expert, and provide a fun way for potential customers to learn more about me.
We created a library of images to pull from for speaking engagements, articles, sales pages, and social media. Recently I was featured in Mt. Pleasant Lifestyle Magazine, and I was able to send them images I love that were perfect for both the article and my brand. ”
— Lee Heyward, Image Strategist, www.prosperousimage.com
Money Saved, Time Gained by using Personal Branding Photography
Lee Heyward shared with me some tangible numbers on how much she saved and gained by having a small library of personal branding photography. When she was approached by a magazine about featuring her in an article she was able to send in photos of her choosing. Therefore she wasn’t at the mercy of one the their photographers, or their timeframe. (Tip: Sometimes the photographers at smaller magazines are students or interns.)
She GAINED TIME (about 8 hours) because:
- Saved Time not having to prepare for a session.
- No need to spend time (or money) at the salon to get camera ready.
- No time needed for a photo shoot.
And she SAVED MONEY (about $250) on professional hair and make-up services because she could skip the photo session and just send her images.
Personal branding photography is a powerful tool because it can have a substantial impact on your bottom line
It’s all about understanding how to leverage your images! Lee has learned the power of the photograph. As a result she LOVED the outcome of the article because SHE CONTROLLED THE CONTENT AND BRAND IMAGE OF THE PHOTOGRAPHY ASSETS THAT WERE USED.
Call today to get your marketing goals on track! 843.743.8596
Feel free to share other ways you leverage photography in your marketing in the comments below!
Do you wonder why in the world is photography so important to help build your business and reach your goals? How can it possibly make THAT big of a difference in growing my bottom line? Because branding photography is the secret sauce to your market plan.
Photography has the power to influence potential clients because it reinforces your brand identity. Images grab people’s attention, and help you stand out from the crowd! Photography increases your visibility and builds engagement with your customer base! How? Because it SHOWS people the story you are trying to tell, and it helps them personally connect with you!
But don’t just take my word for it, there is research and plenty of articles that talk about the power of photography in marketing.
Photography is your most valuable asset on Social Media Platforms
The most important asset you have on Social Media is your IMAGES. A recent study shows that posts which include an image receive 120-180% more engagement than posts containing text alone. This suggests that visual marketing strategies are a necessary component in a every company’s marketing plan. Some Social Media Outlets like Instagram and Pinterest center solely around your Visual Content.
Social Media connects your business with your target audience as well as your current client base. And it does so on a powerful, more personal and informal level. But first you need to embrace the idea that connecting to your audience requires sharing stories through pictures.
Not All Photographs Are Created Equal
In today’s digital age there is an exponential increase in the power of images. Consumers have become more sophisticated in their consumption of photographs and images. You can no longer slide by with a simple stock photo that everyone else uses. A purposeful approach to photography is a requirement in communicating your value and worth in your marketing efforts.
It’s important to show YOUR value proposition and YOUR story through your images. Businesses are growing a following and standing out from the crowd because they recognize the power of the BRANDED image. The idiom “A picture is worth 1000 words,” is more true today in our fast paced, image saturated, society. In order to communicate YOUR UNIQUE VALUE, you have to SHOW what makes you unique. SHOW your brand, your ideals, show us your value and worth. And the most powerful way to do that is with CUSTOM PHOTOGRAPHY made just for YOUR BUSINESS, and your unique value proposition!
Maximize your investment in branding photography and leverage your assets for massive value
One of the biggest mistake I see are people who underutilize their photography assets. Make sure you get the MOST from your investment! Custom photography is an ASSET, therefore having a library of image files to pull from saves time and money over the long-term. That’s why it’s so important to begin thinking about photographs as ASSETS! You can MAXIMIZE your photographs by using them throughout all of your marketing strategies! Use a photo on your business card, place them on your website, plug them into your newsletters and e-blasts!
Here is a list of ways to leverage your photography to get more value from these lucrative assets!
Based on these two home pages, which website do you think brings in more business? The one with the images of the people you’ll meet or the one that shows the front of the building?
What are some other ways you use photography in your marketing? Share a comment below…
Branding Photography Helps You Stand Out from the Crowd!
Has this month felt a little disrupted and discombobulated? September is usually such a productive time. Summer is over. Kids are back in school. And it’s time to kick things into high gear for the big end of the year push. But there is the turmoil of fires on the west coast. There are hurricanes bringing life to a stressful halt. So it makes sense that you’re feeling a little distracted and a little behind in your efforts to get a jump on this transition into fall. Maybe it’s time for some focused branding photography!
Wanting to share and give back during this crazy time, I decided to help inspire you and jump-start your business to get you back on track! Imagine creating a cohesive visual narrative that grabs the attention of your target audience and transforms them into future clients!
So I am offering something new and special because it allows me to do what I do best – spruce up your marketing images and infuse new energy into your business! Because the perfect amount of color, aliveness and fresh images generates interest and engagement. It’s time to get new eyes on your business as we enter Fall and the 4th quarter.
An Introductory Offer Just for You!
We create fresh, new visual content to use in all your promotional materials: website, social media marketing, newsletters, and holiday promotions. You name it, we’ve got you covered!
For a limited time, we are offering a special Introductory Branding Package at a super special rate. And what’s even better, we are offering a way for you to save an extra $100 with our Early Bird Pricing for just $597 if you pay your deposit by this Friday, September 22nd!
After Friday, the $100 savings ends and the Introductory Price goes up to $697.
Because this is such a sweet deal, we’re only offering these prices to the FIRST FIVE people who are ready to say YES to finishing the year strong! Early Bird Pricing ends this Friday and the Introductory Offer disappears on Friday, September 29th.
Worried that you’re not ready for a session right away?
No worries! Book now and we can easily work with you to schedule a date that works for you anytime before the end of the year.
We will work with you to plan and create 5 fresh new images of you and/or your products and services. Are you in need of images that incorporate the Changes of Fall? Looking to plan Halloween, Thanksgiving or other Holiday specials? We are ready to work with you or your team so you can meet whatever your marketing goals might be. Let us help you wrap up your brand or your product with a bow, and deliver a package to your potential clients that they just can’t resist!
- Early Bird Pricing for $597 ends this Friday, September 22nd
- Introductory Offer expires next Friday, September 29th.
- Only have FIVE openings available!
Call today and get your marketing goals on track! 843.647.6455.
We can take you places,